|The Mercy Hospital Rehabilitation Department focuses on increasing independence and improving wellness and overall fitness following injury, surgery, disease or the onset of pain. We provide Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy. |
The following services are available through the department:
- Rehab care to hospitalized patients
- Outpatient care for neck and back-related problems
- Outpatient care for orthopedic and other physically limiting problems
- Outpatient care for rehab following orthopedic surgery
- Rehab therapy after a stroke
- Gait and orthotic assessment and custom fabrication of orthotics
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy in the home for those patients too disabled to attend sessions at the hospital-based department
- Industrial medicine program which provides job analyses, pre-work screens and ergonomic advice to local businesses. Functional capacity evaluations are also available to determine the physical abilities of injured workers in the process of returning to employment.
- Vestibular rehab
- Home safety assessments
- Hand therapy
The department also works with the Rathbun Lake Area YMCA, providing Healthy Living Programs at the YMCA that include aquatic and land therapy.