The 300 members of the Mercy Medical Center Auxiliary play an important role in the hospital through various activities and services including the Annual Bazaar fundraiser. The Auxiliary, winner of numerous awards as the Iowa Hospital Association Auxiliary of the Year, provides the following for patients and visitors.
1) Gift Shop - located in the lobby; provides gifts, candy, personal and sundry items.
2) Service cart - every weekday the service cart, containing candy, magazines and personal items, is sent to patient rooms.
3) Library - the Auxiliary maintains a book cart available for patients and visitors.
4) Hostess desk - located in the front lobby to assist patients and visitors; the hostess desk is maintained by Auxiliary volunteers.
5) Pediatric tours - every year the Auxiliary conducts tours of the hospital for area school children.
6) Health screenings - the Auxiliary assists hospital personnel in various patient health screening programs.
7) Volunteens - sponsored by the Auxiliary, this program offers teens the opportunity to learn about health care occupations.
If you need something notarized, there are several notaries at MMCC. Call extension 3411 for assistance.
Lost and Found
Any lost or found items in the hospital are handled through our Social Services Department. If you lose something during your visit, please notify your nurse or contact Social Services, extension 3436.